Tuesday, December 18, 2007



On the Lighter Side

Tagged

I try not to post anything personal, mainly because I think I'm a pretty boring person, but I promised Therese from Aussie Coffee Shop I would do this meme way back on the 13th of December. Therese is also hosting the Catholic Carnival. What a little bee she is!!

We have been very busy moving our lady friend, who has terminal cancer, into a retirement apartment. She is failing so fast that we may have to move her immediately into assisted living. We will know more after I speak with Hospice this morning. Please keep Rose in your prayers.

I realize the questions call for "one" book but I do everything to excess!
  1. One book that changed your life: They all helped change my life in some way.

  2. One book that you’ve read more than once: In This House of Brede, The Screwtape Letters, and Winds of War

  3. One book you’d want on a desert island: How to Build a Boat

  4. One book that made you laugh: The World According to Garp, Comma Sense

  5. One book that made you cry: I don’t cry very often

  6. One book that you wish had been written: Eating Carbs While Staying Slim

  7. One book that you wish had never been written. Huh?? Oh, I guess The Course in Miracles.

  8. One book you’re currently reading: I never read one book at a time. Right now I am reading God’s Providence Explained by Father Henri Morice, Cell by Stephen King, Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo, Peak Learning by Ronald Gross, and Writing Tools by Roy Peter Clark.

  9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: That would be pretty much any book I hadn’t read yet.

I tag anyone who reads.

5 comments:

Therese said...

Thanks for sharing Adrienne. Your book for a desert island is perfect.

Melody K said...

I'll bite.
One book that changed your life: "They all helped change my life in some way." Ditto for me, I like that thought.

Books that you’ve read more than once: Little Women, Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre.

One book you’d want on a desert island: Christian Prayer Book (The Liturgy of the Hours)

One book that made you laugh: Hens Dancing by Raffaella Barker

One book that made you cry: The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold

One book that you wish had been written: "How to Make Fabulously Gorgeous and Real-Looking Wedding Bouquets Using Faux Flowers"

Books that you wish had never been written: Books (like the Course in Miracles")that could harm someone if they took it seriously; also books like "Miss Garnet's Angel" that I thought I would love, but couldn't stand, and were a colossal waste of paper and printer's ink.

Books you’re currently reading: "The Girl With Braided Hair", by Margaret Coel; "Artful Blogging: Visually Inspiring Online Journals", "1001 Gardens You Must See Before You Die"

One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Secret of Dreams, by Pedro Meseguer, S.J.

Adrienne said...

Oh gosh - I forgot about Jane Eyre, Little Women et al. Such great books
Let's not forget and Ladies of the Club by Helen Hooven Santmyer. I was soooooo sad when I finished that ginormous book. I wanted it to go on forever. And...my husband liked it. too!!!

Motherhen said...

I read Cell when it first came out. Good beginning, not so great ending. Typical for Stephen King. I don't know why I continue to be a fan!

Adrienne said...

We keep hoping for another "The Stand" - that's why we keep reading.