I hope the visit from the Holy Father brings lots of grace to your country. I am looking forward to his visit to Australia even though I won't be there.
Bush has really come around to surprise me as of late. Despite lots of unflattering reports and rumors about the man, his answers to Raymond Aroyo in a recent interview about Benedict were pretty shocking--and beautiful. In addition, I happen to know that he has close contact with much of the American hierarchy and is not afraid to talk with bishops and cardinals one-on-one about almost anything. He has, for a fact, used his own political influence to attempt to sway foreign governments on issues of life and basic human rights. I think that is impressive.
I was impressed with his brother who was praying the rosary when he was watching the tsunami. I think his brother will have a part in his conversion to the Catholic Faith one day too. It has been my feeling for a while.
This from THE dictator?
ReplyDeletePraise God!!! Today God was welcome in Washington DC!!
ReplyDeleteI think he was truly humbled by the Happy Birthday's the were sung to him by both crowd and choir (Kathleen Battle).
ReplyDeleteHis reaction was classic:0)
One may disagree with this president on many things, but he has been consistent in his pro-life stance and he appears to really love our Holy Father.
ReplyDeleteI hope the visit from the Holy Father brings lots of grace to your country. I am looking forward to his visit to Australia even though I won't be there.
ReplyDeleteBush has really come around to surprise me as of late. Despite lots of unflattering reports and rumors about the man, his answers to Raymond Aroyo in a recent interview about Benedict were pretty shocking--and beautiful. In addition, I happen to know that he has close contact with much of the American hierarchy and is not afraid to talk with bishops and cardinals one-on-one about almost anything. He has, for a fact, used his own political influence to attempt to sway foreign governments on issues of life and basic human rights. I think that is impressive.
ReplyDeleterjw - I agree with your assesment
ReplyDeletetherese -- I was thinking about all our UK and Australian readers and hoping they wouldn't feel "left out". We are so happy for this wonderful visit.
andrew - I think Bush is going to become a Catholic. Just a feeling!!
I was impressed with his brother who was praying the rosary when he was watching the tsunami. I think his brother will have a part in his conversion to the Catholic Faith one day too. It has been my feeling for a while.
ReplyDelete